Pollution has nowadays become a common term that our ears are attuned. There are so many types of air pollution and to prevent it is our prime responsibility. Air pollution means, the contamination of air irrespective of outside or inside. A chemical, physical or biological alteration to the air is termed as pollution. It occurs when dust, smoke, and harmful gasses enters into the atmosphere and makes difficult for living beings to survive. Air pollution is increasing rapidly and directly affecting the health of people and causing so many deadly diseases. It has become very important to reduce pollution by taking right steps against it. Global warming is known to be the direct result of air pollution and biggest challenge that people all over the world has to overcome for survival.
Types of pollutants
In order to understand the causes of this pollution, the pollutants have divided into two part- primary air pollutants and secondary air pollutants. The primary air pollutants are the pollutants which are the direct result of the process. For example- a sulfur dioxide emitted from factories. Secondary pollutants are the pollutants which are caused by the reaction and inter mingling of primary pollutants. For example- smog created by the reaction of several primary pollutants.
Causes of air pollution
- Agriculture activities- the use of harmful pesticides and insecticides in the agriculture activities is one of the biggest reason of air pollution. They emit harmful gasses into the air which are really dangerous for our health.
- The burning of fossil fuels– sulfur dioxide emitted from the factories due to the burning of fossil fuels such as petroleum and coal. Pollution from vehicles including jeeps, cars, bike, and airplanes cause air pollution and kill our environment.
- Mining operation– mining refers to the process of extracting mineral from the interior of the earth. It requires large machines and causes a lot of dust and chemicals released in the air.
- Indoor activities– activities such as cleaning, painting and some other also cause pollution in the air and makes difficult to breathe.
Effect of air pollution
- Global warming– global warming is the biggest effect of air pollution. It is the biggest challenge which has to be faced by all the people living around the world.
- Heart diseases– air pollution directly affects our respiratory organs and causes heart problems along with deadly diseases such as cancer.
- Acid rain– the air pollutants combine with the water droplets and become acidic and fall on the ground. This causes great damage to plants, animals, and crops.
- Depletion of the ozone layer– ozone layer exists to protect living beings from harmful ultraviolet The earth ozone layer is depleting due to air pollution and causing skin and eye related problems.
How to prevent air pollution
- Use energy efficient devices- CFL light consumes less electricity and also help to reduce air pollution by consuming less energy.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle– everyone must understand this concept of reduce, reuse and recycle to save energy and reduce pollution.
- Use public transport– try to use public transport services to reduce pollution in the air. This will help to save your money and reduce the chances of more air pollution.
- Conserve energy– switch off the lights and fans when not in use. This will help to save electricity which requires a lot of burning fossil fuels.
Anti Air Pollution Mask
As you know more than 50 percent of Global Population rides two wheeler. But most of them don’t wear helmets and suffer from asthma. So, instead of suffering from harmful air borne diseases. You must take an action that can show to public that what you are wearing is safe.
I am talking about wearing a anti air pollution mask than can prevent you from harmful effects of air pollution. You can get these masks from online shops like amazon, snapdeal and flipkart.
These masks have various features mentioned in the description:
- Lightweight: It uses 3M respirator that help you meet your respiratory protection.
- Foldable and designed to protect you from pollutants and dust.
- Adjustable Nose clip: It reduces potential for eyewear fogging.
If you are facing other problems then I would suggest you to consult your doctor before it’s too late.
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .