It’s the last week of October 2016 and it’s time for Diwali ” The festival of lights“. There are many health risk factors which are involved with diwali. Today we will discuss about top 5 health risks factors which are involved with diwali. But, Before going into details about health factors, let’s talk about diwali.
What is Diwali ?
Diwali is one of the most sacred, loveliest and colorful festivals of the Hindus. It is celebrated with great joy and love by the people living in India. The festival of diwali is celebrated to mark the return of Ram, Sita and Laxman to Ayodhya after 14 years. It comes about after 20days of Dussehra, lends delight and charms to our life.
What happens few days before diwali and on diwali?
- Buildings, houses, temples, and shops are thoroughly cleaned. They are decorated and paint with pictures, flowers, and toys.
- On the Diwali day, people wear new clothes and exchange sweets and gifts. At night, houses are illuminated with candlesticks, electric bulbs, and earthen lamps.
- The city looks exquisite and colorful.
The streets and bazaars are overcrowded, and people buy sweets for their family, friends, and relatives. Children burn crackers and worship Goddess Laxmi. However, this festival is a festival of lights and people enjoy it throughtly.
But, when there is thrill, excitement and joy then there will be risks which you have to face in futre. Every year diwali brings lot of patients with asthma attack into hospitals. Pollution in diwali is directly proportional to lot of health risk factors.
TOP 5 HEALTH RISK WITH DIWALI
Along with fun and joy, the firecrackers on Diwali bring noise and air pollution that brings some hazardous effects. We should raise consciousness among people to play eco-friedly diwali without any pollution. Here are some of the risks that need to be aware-
- Burn injuries– Due to lack of safe activities, firecrackers may cause burn injuries that are very harmful to your health.
- Asthma attack– After Diwali, doctors notice an increase in asthmatic attack on patients due to congestion in air. The harmful gasses released from firecrackers are extremely harmful to It also becomes a reason of childhood bronchial asthma.
- Heart health hazards– The high noise caused by thousands of firecrackers also causes unease in the patients those have hypertension. It may also lead to sleeping disturbances and high blood pressure. Sudden loud noise can cause permanent or temporary deafness and may results in heart attack.
- Skin problems– There are some risk factors which are involved. The air pollution caused by harmful gasses such as sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and other chemicals can cause skin allergies and dryness.
- Mental health problems– the high amount of sound pollution produced by firecrackers have high decibel levels. They may disturb the functioning of the brain and may result in impulsive behavior, restlessness, fidgetiness, fidgetiness, overreaction to situations and anger. Heart patients, children, pregnant women and patients with respiratory problems suffer most due to excessive noise and pollution.
Diwali is a big occasion for celebration, but we should play it safe. There is a lot of fun in burning crackers, but these are with disadvantages. Therefore, it is essential to celebrate it with an environmentally friendly way.
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .
You can also download inguin app from play store to enjoy a great experience . Inguin, a most trusted healthcare app which provides an online integrated healthcare delivery systemfor end users and health professionals.