Have you even wondered from where the commonly used term jaundice came? Jaundice emerges from a French word named as Jaune, which stands for yellow. It is a common condition which is seen in newborn babies which can be treated by exposing them to sunlight in order to reduce bilirubin level. It is also known as eye disease or even sometimes known as yellow skin. It transforms your skin, sclera (white in eye) into single yellow color. The yellow color of skin is due to bilirubin which is the byproduct of aged red blood cells known as erythrocytes. Nearly everyday one percent of erythrocytes retire everyday and they are replaced by newly born red blood cells. So, In short jaundice is a condition where the count of bilirubin in red blood cells increases rapidly.
Let’s consider a real case scenario where patient is suffering from jaundice but reports are normal.
Case Scenario : My Brother (age 35) is suffering from jaundice from last 25 days and he is admitted in hospital. The particular doctors which are looking into the case have done all the possible tests for knowing the cause of jaundice but all the blood test reports are normal. Still his bilirubin count is increasing. According to latest liver function test report it’s 37 and doctors are unable to handle it.
In this scenario, how to cure his jaundice?
Despite of the fact that jaundice is not a disease however it is a sign for many diseases. So, it’s detection becomes important for doctors. Detection of jaundice in early stages is very important, because if you identify jaundice in the later phases it may prove to be fatal.
Some of the common symptoms for jaundice are:
- Extreme weakness
- Severe tension headaches
- Yellow color of skin and eyes
- Nausea sensation
- Pain near liver and stomach
There are many reasons which can cause jaundice which are mentioned below. But, make sure that doctors have clinically diognosed all these aspects. If any kind of underlying cause is not identified then make sure that tests are normally done so that treatment could be started. Treatment of jaundice depends upon what is the underlyning cause and without proper diagnosing treatment of jaundice becomes really challenging. The same real case scenario that was mentioned above.
There are several causes for jaundice which are listed below. If any of them met your criteria then you must be under jaundice attack.
Causes of jaundice:-
- It occurs when biliburin count produced from the liver increases and unable to be removed from the blood.
- Due to cognestion of bile ducts.
- It is caused by viral hepatitis. It includes hepatitis A,B,C,D and E.
- Due to abdomen cancer
- Hemolytic anemia.
- Alcoholic liver diseases in organs of body.
- Due to infection of liver.
- Liver cancer and parasites present in liver.
- Gallbladder cancer and Gallstones.
- Cancer of pancreas.
- Scarring of liver.
- Overdose of acetaminophen.
- Rh Incompatibility
- Yellow fever, Malaria,
Treatment measures when suffering from jaundice.
- Treatment of jaundice will generally depend on proper diagnosis of actual disease and then treating it while giving proper care to the patients.
- Photo therapy using ultraviolet light rays is very helpful in reducing high level of bilirubin in case of moderate jaundice in newborn babies.
- Severe sort of jaundice will require blood transfusion for removal of excess of bilirubin.
- Sometimes alternative drug in the form of medicie may be the treatment.
- If anemia is the actual root cause then iron dietary supplements can be given to the patient.
- In case of gall stones surgerical treatment is required.
- Anti viral or steroid drugs can be given if jaundice is hepatitis induced.
- Increase intake of boiled rice, lemons, dried dates, oranges, Goose- Berry powder, bananas and almonds.
- Avoid intake carbohydrate food such as white rice, maida, too much oily and spicy foods, aerated drinks, canned as well as preserved foods.
- These juice recipies will surely help to fight with diseases. Aloe-Vera Juice, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, Papaya Juice, Tomato Juice, Sugarcane Juice and Increase intake of coconut water.
- Give complete rest to liver while avoiding unnecessary stress and anxiety.
If you are suffering from jaundice then first and foremost thing is to consult with doctors because it needs to treated as soon as possible in order to get rid of other diseases which develops due to it.
- Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website http://bit.ly/2cNWFzf .
You can also download inguin app from play store http://bit.ly/2dxuuKb to enjoy a great experience . Inguin, a most trusted healthcare app which provides an online integrated healthcare delivery systemfor end users and health professionals.