What is a meditation?
Meditation has gained a lot of popularity but the truth is that only a few people are aware of what mediation is. Some people think it gives us peace of satisfaction and others consider it as a mental concentration on something. These activities are to stop the incessant activity of mind but they are not really meditation. However, meditation is a state of thoughtful awareness, not an act of doing. The fact is that a man working as a labor can be in meditation and a man sitting in a lotus posture may be far away from meditation. Meditation is much more than sitting quietly. It is a state when the mind is silent and calm. This is only just a beginning of a transformation that enables an individual to fulfill true human potential.
Types of meditation
Heart rhythm meditation- it is a downward meditation that focuses on developing consciousness. The main focus of this meditation is on the heart. This meditation will help to develop emotional, spiritual and physical benefits.
Transcendental meditation– this meditation will help you to feel inner calmness even when you are so busy. In this meditation, an individual sits in a lotus position and focus on rising above negativity.
Mindfulness– this type of meditation will help you to get relieve from anxiety, stress, and depression. It helps to overcome from suffering and understanding natural wisdom.
Zazen– this meditation requires a lot of self-guidance. The main aim is to forget all judgmental ideas, images, and thoughts.
Guided visualization– it is a new technique that can be used for personal development and stress relief. While doing this meditation, the body releases chemicals that generate positivity.
Qi Gong– this method is very popular as it helps to relax with greater ease. This meditation helps to control stress on a human body.
Benefits of meditation
Meditation has a lot of benefits on a human body. Here are few of them;
- Decrease respiratory rate
- Lower oxygen consumption
- Slow the heart rate and increases blood flow
- Increase muscle endurance
- Enhance immune system
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Decrease muscle tension
- Cure chronic diseases like arthritis, allergies, etc
- Enhance energy and strength
- Helps to weight loss
- Cure migraine and headache
- Relief from asthma
- Improve body performance
- Increase creativity
- Control on thoughts
- Increase compassion
- Change attitude towards life
- Improve memory and ability
Is meditation good for your health?
In today’s world, every human is facing a lot of tension whether it is about his relationship, family matter, study or any other but all have different type’s problems in their life. Meditation helps to develop positive feelings in your body by reducing stress and anxiety. Meditation can be done by any individual and it will definitely make you feel healthier in everyday life. All of the benefits above will make you a healthy person and improve the quality of life. Therefore, it is better to give a few hours in meditation for a healthy and stress-free life.
How to meditate?
- Choose a clean place and try to be away from noise.
- Listen to guided meditations. However, it is better to start up with a group.
- Try to follow a same time to do meditation.
- Don’t do over meditation. You should start from 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid disturbance from your phone, friends and family members.
It is essential to wear comfortable clothes in meditation.
- Always try to choose a convenient place and time
- Sit comfortably
- First of all, do some warm up exercises with deep breaths
- Smile and more
You can watch this video by Life Script Doctor
#copyright: Life Script Doctor
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .