What is a migraine?
Migraine is a type of headache which is a result of physiological changes that occurs in brain and leads to an uncontrollable pain. Migraine headache are associated with sensitivity to smells, light and sound. However, many people also experience vomiting or nausea. The migraine headaches are on one side of head but in some cases people experience on both sides. The migraine pain is often described as pounding or throbbing. Patients of migraine sometimes experience symptoms prior to onset of headache. These symptoms can range from blind spot or flashing lights in eye or weakness in the body. It is not essential that all headaches represent migraines and it is not only the condition that causes severe headaches. For example- cluster headache also affects one side of head and can be worse than the migraine pain. Tension headaches are more common that occurs due to contraction of neck, scalp and face muscles.
Important points about migraine
- Wrong medication can make migraines worse
- They can also force an individual to commit suicide
- Migraine can blow with the wind
- Other health problems can be caused by migraine
- A stressful life may cause migraine headaches
Symptoms of migraine
Everyone wants to know about the symptoms of migraine to differentiate it from other types of headaches. Here are some of the symptoms which you may notice in this disease-
- Sensitivity to smell
- Change in vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitivity to sounds
The amazing fact, you must know is that the sporadic migraines symptoms and headaches last only 1-2 days but if you suffer from chronic migraines then its symptoms occur 15-30 days.
Causes of migraine
Researchers have identified several causes of migration but there is not any definitive explanation about it. Here are some of migraine causes that you must know-
- Irregularities in vascular system or brain’s blood vessel system cause migraine.
- It can also be a genetic disorder which can pass generation to generation.
- When triggered, an underlying central nervous disorder may set off migraine.
- Abnormalities of nerve pathways of brain chemicals may cause migraine headaches.
Here are some of the tips which can help you to prevent migraine headaches-
- Avoid skipping meal
- Eat healthy food and green vegetables
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce stress activities from your routine
- Avoid getting dehydrated
- Take a proper sleep
- Reduce caffeine intake from your diet
There is need to consult your doctor if you notice any symptoms of it. A suitable treatment can help to prevent any further future attacks. There are so many drugs which can help to treat migraine. There are basically two categories of medications to combat migraine-
- Abortive treatment– it is also known as pain relieving medications that are type of drugs taken during migraine attack to stop the symptoms.
- Preventive medications– these drugs are taken regularly to reduce the chances of migraine headaches.
The type of treatment is dependent on the severity and frequency of headache. Some medications aren’t given to children and pregnant ladies. So, it is most important to consult your doctor before taking any type of drug.
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .