Have you got in a situation where specific sounds from humans like your friends, relatives make you panic then you are suffering from misophonia disorder. It is a hatred towards a specific sound also known as sound rage and sound sensitivity syndrome. It can be well explained on the basis of an example. Imagine you are sitting in front of a friend and he is chewing food very loudly. The noise that is made by it is making you angry is nothing but misophonia. In similar way, there are sounds which are caused by yawning, nail biting, eating, scratching etc.
Classification and Symptoms of Misophonia
Misophonia is a noise syndrome often referred to as sound sensitivity which starts with a trigger. But, there are researches which are going on to classify it as a disorder or a symptom or a disease. The sound that is made is triggered with negative emotions and reactions such as frustration, jealousy, sadness etc.
There are several symptoms which are associated to these sounds.
- Desire to leave the place
These symptoms in turn can affect your bonding with the person who annoys you. It keeps you away from the social life and relationships. In fact, you could end up in a verbal or a physical quarrel with the person who makes such sound. These symptoms are common but the underlying cause is not yet figured out.
Causes of Misophonia
The main cause of misophonia is not known but still research is going on. Some believes that it is a result of mental disorder in the brain a phenomenon which is caused by central auditory system while others believe that it is caused by sensory system of hearing which include your ears. It occurs mostly in those persons who gets angry and have emotional compulsive behaviour. These persons hear sound more frequently around there surrounding.
Diagnosis Of Misophonia
The recent studies have shown that there is no specific cure for misophonia but there are many methods which are involved in order to cure it. Some of the methods are listed below.
- Psychiatrists and other physicians: Misophonia is also termed as a psychiatric disorder and it is cured by experienced psychiatrists. They observe the pattern of the patient and their symptoms for a couple of days. Once they found the exact behaviour of the patient then they will treat it effectively.
- Therapy Treatment: Tinnitus retraining therapy is used to enhance the ability of the person to tolerate different noises. Overall it improves your conscious and subconscious level of human being. Cognitive psychotherapy is used to treat mood swings and thoughts.
- Medication: There are many medicines which are given by the doctor to the patient based on his/her symptoms. In order to treat depression and aggression the tablets are provided to the patient. However, medication is rarely used in such conditions.
Hence, if you need to treat misophonia then you must avoid going with persons whom you think are the cause of your behaviour.
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .