Muscle Pain is also known as Myalgia. It derives from the word Myo meaning muscle and Algia meaning Pain. It is an abnormal physical sensation which is sensed by central nervous system and the receptors in the muscle tissue pass the information to the brain which is felt by you in form of pain. There are different names for muscle pain which is commonly used for example Muscular Pain,Body pain, Body ache, Muscle Ache, Muscle Soreness etc all these names are identical and have the same treatment and causes. Muscle pain is very common and mostly everyone has experienced it. Pain from extreme workout, after exercise, after running, after gym, after playing etc are some of its examples. There are several muscle pain treatment for muscle relief which we are going to discuss in detail.
#Note: Nociceptor nerves in our body is responsible for pain that we feel.
What Are The Causes Of Muscle Pain?
There are many causes of muscle pain / muscle ache which is felt by muscle tissue. The most common causes includes physical exercise such as running, playing, gymming, swimming after a long period of time. Too much stress, trauma, fever,lack of nutrional value in your diet, Lack of water intake. Hormonal Changes during menstruation cycle in women causes extreme muscle pain, stress, tenison in life, injuries in past, body posture are all causes of muscle pain.
All these muscle pain are frequent and can occur at any part of the body which includes head, back, neck pain, leg pain etc. There are many conditions which causes these pain.
- Polymyositis: It is a muscle inflamatory disease which causes extreme pain in muscles and its associated muscle tissue such as blood vessels.
- Fibromyalgia: It is marked by widespread extreme muscular pain accomponied with stress, fatigue and mood swings. It is very common in India.
Many other conditions include Lupus, hypothyroidism, rheumatiod arthritis, Infectionsetc. which causes these pains in body.
What Are Symptoms Of Muscle Pain?
There are many symptoms of muscle pain which can occur in any part of the body or can be localised in one place of the body. The severeness of the pain and how long they last depends on the exact cause of muscle pain that we have discussed above . Some of the common symptoms are muscle ache are mentioned below.
- Tightness of muscle in lower back, spinal cord, neck, chest, shoulders, stomach and leg.
- You may feel tired all the time. The common word is fatigue which you may feel during working hours.
- Fever and chill in case you are suffering from infectious disease
- Muscle Pain and Soreness
- Lack of sleep
There are many treatment and remedies which can relieve muscle pain. When your muscle hurts extremely then you must take necessary precautions which are mentioned below.
- Pain Killer Medication: There are many pain killer medicines like pentazocine and acetaminophen. If you want more information you can have a look on this website which will be useful.
- NSAIDs: Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs can be used if you know the exact cause of the pain. Some of the NSAIDs are aspirin and celebrex. It will give you muscle ache relief. The complete list of NSAIDs can be found from this website.
- Spa Therapy: This muscle stiffness treatment is very useful for back pain. It will help you to relax and your blood circulation also gets improved.
- Warm Shower / Sauna: It is a method which is used by most of the sports athelets. After immense workout if you take hot bath then it not only remove muscle pain but also helps to improve blood flow.
- Massage: A massage is really good therapy to releieve pain and soreness from muscle. It also boost blood flow in the body and reduce stiffness from muscle.
- Acupuncture: It is very useful to remove pain from muscle. It helps you to relax your body from the abnormal pain from joints.
- Rest Your Body: Rest your body for sometime and give a little break to your muscle. The soarness of muscle will go once you have taken proper rest. It take usually 3 to 4 days to keep your muscles relax.
- Ice Cubes: Apply ice cubes to a sore area for 15 minutes and your sore muscle will relax.
- Food Habits: The muscle pain can be treated if you improve your food habits and a good intake of potassium magnesium, calcium and green food will add extra nutrients to your body which will help to you to get relieve from muscle pain at much faster rate.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink juice, coconut water, electrolye solution and normal water to keep your body hydrated. As we have already discussed about the benefits of water which will be very essential to relax muscle pain.
- Oils: The natural home remedy to reduce muscle pain is to apply oil on daily basis. Some of the natural oils like Lavender oil, Peppermint essential oil will help to reduce pain.
Thus, all these methods will help you to reduce muscle pain in the body.
You can watch this video by live vedic which has given you few methods on how to reduce muscular pain.
#Copyright: Live Vedic
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .