There is a saying that if you really get addicted to one particular thing, it’s very hard to overcome. This addiction can be anything, but in today’s world we all are addicted to drug in the form of medicine or illegal use. Today we will give you a complete understanding about Drug Abuse and it’s addiction.
What is Drug abuse and addiction?
Drug addiction is a very serious health problem that causes compulsive drug seeking and use. It is known to be a brain disease as it leads to changes in function and structure of the brain. Drugs addiction can impair a person’s ability and self-control. However, now there are so many types of treatment available that can help to counteract disruptive effects and regain control. Behavioral therapy with medications is known to be the best way to ensure success. As with diseases such as asthma, heart disease or asthma, drug addiction can be managed effectively. If a person relapses drugs again then it means that treatment should be adjusted or there is a need to give an alternate treatment.
Common Symptoms of drug abuse and addiction
- Taking drugs under dangerous conditions or taking a high risk such as driving while on drugs, using dirty needles, etc.
- Neglecting responsibilities at work, school or home
- Drug use creating a legal trouble such as driving under influence
- Taking drugs to avoid or relieve other symptoms
- Causing problems in your relationship
- Lost control over drug use
- Using drugs despite knowing it is harming you
- Abandoned activities to enjoy
What are the causes of drug abuse and addiction?
- Severe injury or trauma
- High-stress levels
- Having guardians with a history of drugs addiction
- Exposure to drug abuse at younger age
- Physiological trauma including chronic loneliness or loss of a loved one
- Mental health conditions such as mood disorders, depression, and chronic anxiety
What are the best ways to treat drug abuse?
The best way to treat drug abuse is through comprehensive care offered by qualified drug rehab program. The different types of drug rehab center almost offer three core elements counseling, detox, and aftercare.
- Counseling helps a person to know about their problem in detail and understand the triggers that lead to drug addiction and abuse. Once the reasons are addressed, the truly progress can take
- Detox helps a person to overcome the drug abuse and addiction problem by physically removing the harmful toxins from the body. It is little painful so there is a need to consult your doctor if detoxification is necessary or not.
- Finally, aftercare programs help person to make a smooth transition back into life. This may include drug testing, placement at a sober living facility, regularly scheduled outpatient services or meeting with a behavioral health counselor.
How to prevent drug abuse and addiction?
Drug addiction can be prevented by following some easy steps. Research has shown that the school, family, media, and communities work in an excellent manner to reduce drug abuse. Moreover, many cultural factors and events affect drug abuse trend when people perceive that it is harmful and then they reduce their drug taking. It is essential for this modern generation to understand the causes of drugs on their and health. Parents, healthcare professionals and teachers must keep sending the messages that drug addiction can be prevented if a personal never abuses drugs.
You can watch this video from ted talks by Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong -Johann Hari.
#Note Copyright: Ted Talks
- #Note: Consult a doctor in case you are unable to manage the health issues on your own.
For more information visit inguin website .